Old March 27th 05, 06:57 AM
MaryL

"Brian Link" wrote in message
Going through old photos today, and came across a directory filled
with pics from when we were thinking about buying a Bengal (which we
did, and he's wonderful). Most are from this site:
http://www.tibcs.com/petcorner/photos.php

After having been through an ordeal with a stray, and knowing the
incredible number of discarded cats available for adoption, is it
morally wrong to think of adopting another purebred?

BLink

Please don't even consider this. First, don't buy from a breeder because
there are untold numbers of cats already available from shelters and rescue
groups -- and an unbelievably large number are destined to be euthanized.
If you do decide on a purebred, please look at a shelter (where there often
are both purebreds and "look-alikes" available) or contact one of the rescue
groups that rehome abandoned and abused purebreds. Second, I hope you won't
adopt *any* cat at this time. You have just gone through a difficult time
with Henry, and it would be simply asking for trouble to bring another cat
into your home at this early date.

MaryL