Old February 15th 06, 12:42 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Please help: very picky eater!

"AlexZ" wrote in message
I think I made a mistake! I wanted to determine which (canned) foods my
cat likes, so bought a large variety from Science Diet, Fancy Feast,
Pro Plan, Iams, Nutro, etc., mostly "premium" ones but also a few from
Friskies and Whiskas just to try them too. I kept detailed notes on how

My Deetoo, adopted at 6 months of age from a local animal shelter, would
only eat the hard Performatrim cat chow they provided. The closest I could
find to it in the local stores was Iams general chat chow in the orange bag.
That's all she will eat except for little bits of cheese that I occasionally
give her when she comes mooching in the kitchen. It's funny, she comes
running to see what I'm eating at every opportunity, but when I offer some
of it to her, she doesn't want it. She won't eat any moist canned stuff and
she won't eat any of the special cat treats that I've bought for her.

I guess I should consider myself lucky. A cup a day of chat chow and all the
water she wants and that's all I have to give her. At this point, (11
months) I'm trying to decide if she's fat or just a damned big cat. I can
feel her ribs fine, but I guess I'll have to take her to the vet for a
general check up to make sure.