Old October 30th 04, 05:40 PM
Miss Violette

TV holds his ladycat's paw, he speaks softly for Cleopatra and just lowd
enuf fur the ofurz ta hear, You see the ghost kitty was a guide for
Samantha, the ghost kitty was a guide helping your Samantha get ready to go
to the bridge with out fear. Sometimez itsa spekal gift when mortalz get to
see a part of the next step we willz all take, your unka pat anna hiz mamma
mustest be spekal pursunz indeed, TV, who beeleefz in what is not alwayz
seen
Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat wrote in message
It was this year that Samantha lost her battle with that awful monster,
CRF. Samantha, we will all miss you.

Amelia
for the entire Mahoney family

[Cleopatra recovers her breath and her composure, gives her big strong
winkwink a big hug, and regains her feet. She then takes TVs paw and the
two of them walk to the podium.]

Amelia, thank you for that excellent tribute to our cousin Samantha. But
I think these kitties need to hear about her other special attribute
too. It's kind of moving (at least I find it so), so TV please keep hold
of my paw to help me hang on.

About 3 years ago our Unca Pat went to bed at his usual time, then about
30 minutes later felt Samantha jump on his bed. This was unusual, since
Samantha had never come up on the bed before. Unca Pat called to
Samantha, trying to get her to come up closer to his head. When he
called out to her, Samantha meowed back at him - from the living room.
It wasn't Samantha that had jumped up by Unca Pat's feet. He turned on
the bedside lamp and didn't see anything by his feet, but he still felt
a kitty beside him. He laid back down, and about half an hour later he
felt the invisible kitty get off the bed.

From that day on the ghost kitty slept on Unca Pat's bed at least four
or five times a night.

A couple of years ago our Grandmeowmie had to go into the hospital, and
when she got out she spent a couple of night sleeping in Unca Pat's
guest bedroom. Both nights, she felt the invisible cat jump up by her
feet too. She even felt the invisible kitty purring.

Then a few months ago Samantha had to go to the Rainbow Bridge. This
completely devastated Unca Pat and Maggie the dog, but it also did
something to the ghost cat. She has never been back to see Unca Pat
since Samantha left for the Bridge. Samantha had some sort of connection
to the ghost cat, and now that Samantha has left, so has the ghost cat.
I can only assume that Samantha and the ghost cat are now playing
together at the Bridge.

Cleopatra
with her voice breaking, wiping tears from her eyes