Old January 14th 05, 10:19 PM
Victor Martinez

Tanada wrote:
With the laws being as short sighted as they are about gay marriages,
sorts married is about the right term. The two have been together
longer than a lot of heterosexual couples, but aren't allowed by law to

We'll be celebrating our 8th anniversary in April.

make it formal. Seems unfair to me, why shouldn't they be as miserable
as the rest of us. :-)

It's not just the miserable part though... As it stands now, if Tom
were to be hospitalized and unconscious, I would not have the right to
be by his side. If I were to die, all the assets that I own that I have
willed to Tom would be taxed at 50% (or something ridiculous like that),
whereas if he were my husband there would be no tax. The list of
unfairness goes on and on...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he