Old January 14th 05, 10:30 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-14, Victor Martinez penned:

make it formal. Seems unfair to me, why shouldn't they be as miserable as
the rest of us. :-)

It's not just the miserable part though... As it stands now, if Tom were
to be hospitalized and unconscious, I would not have the right to be by his
side. If I were to die, all the assets that I own that I have willed to Tom
would be taxed at 50% (or something ridiculous like that), whereas if he
were my husband there would be no tax. The list of unfairness goes on and
on...

Fine, get me started on my rant!

Actually, you've made a lot of the points I was going to make.

The insurance at both my employer and my husband's will cover "life partners,"
so at least that's one small step.

Honestly, I don't understand what is going on in people's heads. I've heard
people argue that marriage is for procreation ... but if that's the case, why
do hetero couples with no intention to have children get to be married, while
gay couples who do have kids don't get those benefits? It makes no sense!

Some days, I just hate people =/

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch