Old August 14th 16, 10:15 AM
My2Kitties My2Kitties is offline
Junior Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Master View Post
What should i do to keep the cat off the counter top i caught her laying on it many times i make her get down but when i leave the kitchen she will get back on the counter top again
We are making progress. Thanks to those of you who recommended tape loops. The kitchen counter top is/was accessible from the living room and from the kitchen in my apartment. (There is a bar area between the two rooms.) I bought a two-piece cat fence and that blocks most of the access from the living room. Half of the fence on each end of the bar. Between the two fence pieces is a computer printer. I keep a towel over it to keep dust off. When I''m in the kitchen Ebony likes to sit there and sneak down onto the counter while I am preparing food. So I took a big cloth napkin that covers the top of the printer towel. I put loops of clear packaging tape, sticky side out, and stuck the loops on the napkin. Did the trick! Ebony has tried to touch the napkin tape loop with her paw, which she hates. She also tried to bite the tape,and didn't like to do that either. So access from the living room to the kitchen counter is totally blocked now. What remains is if she jumps onto the counter from the kitchen floor. I hope to make some sort of clicker command that will alleviate the problem there. See my new thread "Clicker Training" to discuss.