Old November 1st 16, 03:33 AM
A.J. Schepis A.J. Schepis is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Master View Post
What should i do to keep the cat off the counter top i caught her laying on it many times i make her get down but when i leave the kitchen she will get back on the counter top again
I don't know how to put this in a P.C. way, but "on top of things" are the cats' natural place to be, if you want to allow them to be a cat. That is where they feel safe. Try laying face up on the kitchen floor with your hands on the floor too and have people stepping all around you to get an idea of what it's like down there. Add or allow room on additional shelves around for them to perch on - give them an alternative. I've always allowed my cats (had 17 in the past 20 years) to be anywhere they want including the counters, and my life hasn't diminished in the slightest. Actually it's better as I allow them to know it's their home too and everyone is happy. Just wipe the counter more often, but know also that we and our "germ-fighters" are more of a threat to them too. A warm, damp cloth and a drop of Dawn dish soap is sufficient.

I see so many complaints about cats being cats, I wonder why those people have them in the first place.