Old January 11th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Ping Tweed

"Marina" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
Thanks, Marina, she is a remarkable cat really, having got so old and
having the semi-feral life she had previously.
She panicks me when she refuses to eat her delicacies - and then a day
later she says "why did you take so long to get up this morning - I was
hungry.."
Even so, she only eats about half what she should, so I know she will not
be with us for too much longer.
I am giving her the best life I can for as long as I can. I can't do any
more than that.

I know so well how that feels. Frank wasn't eating very well during his
last months, and he had trouble with his tummy. How very happy I was when
he made the rare solid poo! Then plunged into despair again when it wasn't
solid the next day. It was such a roller-coaster. I think, if I hadn't had
Mir and Caliban with their kitten antics to cheer me up, I might have gone
quite mad with worry.

It's awful, isn't it? My life seems to revolve around whether Kitty will
eat and what I can get to tempt her. If she does I am happy and if she
doesn't I am in despair too like you were with Frank.
Atm there is a turkey drumstick roasting in the oven just for her, the lower
part of the leg. I am all out of pheasants.
I am trying not to go mad with worry about her. My heart says "yes, go mad
with worry." My head says she is 22 years old and how much longer can I
expect her to live?
It's so hard.

Tweed