Old August 24th 09, 12:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Is it my service or is it just quiet in here?

Suddenly, without warning, Dragoman exclaimed (8/23/2009 9:10 PM):
FirstHit wrote:
On Aug 23, 5:06 pm, jmc wrote:
I've seen no messages in here all day - just testing to see if my
netnews service is having problems, or if it's just slow here.

It's not quiet at all in here if you count the avalanche of SPAM
lately. Not any legitimate posts though. Maybe the SPAM is chasing
people away.

Those of us who use normal news servers (aioe, albasani or
eternal-september, to name e few free ones), instead of Google, see
almost no spam. It /is/ quiet in here.

I use individual.net, which is reasonably good at filtering spam. You
two are the only posts I've seen in over 24 hours.

Thanks. I was thinking maybe Usenet was broken g.

jmc