Old October 14th 10, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

Default Rusty's candle is here

Christina Websell wrote

"David Stevenson" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote
It was hidden by a Ping Adrian post (great job, Kyla)
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...l=eng&gi=Rusty

C'mon, Christina, you cannot hide a post by another one: Usenet just
does not work that way.

If your newreader reads by subject, yes , that is exactly what it does.

Well, poor newsreaders are a problem. Of course no post hides
another, however your newsreader works, but if you kill a thread then
you will lose any articles in it. So if you kill a thread for the wrong
reason that is the effect.

But newsreaders download all the headers, and all the articles unless
you tel them not to.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.org/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome