Old April 17th 07, 10:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
body sweat

Default Question for someone who knows vet jargon

On Apr 17, 5:51 am, jmc wrote:
I've gotten copies of Meep's records to give to the new vet. Can
someone please translate this to layman's terms (any actual vets in
here)? All I was told at the time is that she had some small amount of
cardiomyopathy (or I may misremember).

"Echo shows mild Mitral regurg and aortic insufficiency. LV wall on
brink of hypertrophy (5.9mm, normal 6mm). Otherwise all chambers look
normal. Fractional shortening WNL."

She's a spayed dsh, at the time she was just shy of 10 years.

This was a year ago, nearly exactly. I'm trying to figure out if she
should get another echo to trach the status of whatever they found.
She's always been a quiet kitty, so it's possible I think that any heart
issues she's had from the beginning. Can that be told from this tho?

Thanks for any translation.

jmc

I'm a vet.

What you need...
let's see...

The answer to your question is.. certainly!

Looks like she's got air IN the heart. It can be fatal.. and it can be
no big deal.
It CAN work it's way out... a vet could have put the air there through
any iv's or shots etc.