Old March 12th 13, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Tweed - OT chickens

We have problems in the American Southwest with people feeding (or making
garbage accessible to) bears. That has resulted in a number of bear
attacks in suburban areas where humans are more and more invading the
bears' territory. There are organizations that try to relocate the
offending animals, rather than destroying them, but bears aren't stupid.
(Once they've found an easy source of food, they tend to return, and they
can travel fairly long distances.)

I'm lucky we don't have bears here, eh? IMO any wild creature that can pose
a threat to humans should never be fed, it habituates them to not be afraid
of us and that's when we get the problems.
I would ban any TV programmes that suggest "why don't you feed your local
foxes and here is someone doing it, look how nice they are"
Foxes are not nice in the conventional sense of trustworthy doggies. They
are fine as wild animals.
I expect some people will carry on feeding but if they do, they might come
into your house and bite your babies.

I have a different view from the townie-type TV presenters.
It's not that I don't like foxes, but if they become a nuisance to me foxman
will send them to RB.