Old July 3rd 03, 11:54 AM
Matt

We have a tomcat that refuses to eat anything that even faintly
resembles meat. He has been doing that since he was little. He is a
big strong cat now. It is important though that the kitten eats! Maybe
it likes dry food, if you add some water it might not be too hard to
chew. You might want to try Hills kitten food it is the only thing my
tom eats. Also if it refuses to eat at all, vets normally have some
kind of nuritious paste that cats can eat and you could force feed it.

As for the cat getting fat just feed it less or feed it dietary food.
I would recommend to feed it less during the day and continue feeding
it at night to avoid being woken up all the time. I tried putting the
tomcat on a diet once and he would wake me up every 15 minutes to tell
me "hey my food bowl is empty and I am kind of hungry -- do
something...."