Old October 6th 04, 09:15 PM
Melissa

Default Need help figuring out cat color

I'm trying to figure out what color to call my kitten I know it's a
little silly but I'm used to horses and every color combination has a
specific name and I can't seem to find that name for his color.

I have a picture at http://www.umich.edu/~techess/cats/nita2.jpg but
his color doesn't really photograph well. He is a smoke (when you
separate out his hair the shaft is white/grey with a colored tip).
You can faintly see tabby markings on his tail and hind legs. He
looks mostly black but on closer inspection some of his hairs are
tipped dark brown and some are black. I guess if he was a dog it
would be kind of like a brindle. It is a pretty even mixture of hair
that is black and hair that his dark brown over his body. He also has
a few pure white hairs spread over his body.

He isn't an outdoor kitty so he isn't sun bleached.

Thanks for any help you can give.