Old October 19th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Default Non-chemical flea remedy

On Oct 19, 5:14*pm, "Yowie" wrote:
*Have a friend who loves cats, hates fleas and has problems with pyrtherin
and other insecticides.

Does anyone know a way of ridding a house of flea infestation (and keeping
them away) without the use of pyretherin or other insecticides?

Ta,

Yowie

It depends on whether she has a heavy infestation. If she does,
honestly, I don't think the non-chemical stuff is going to work. I can
*definitely* say it does not
work in my area, where the climate is ideal for a flea to thrive and
breed.
The least poisonous method I know is to treat the cats with
Revolution, or Advantage or Frontline, then vacuum, vacuum, vacuum,
and throw away the bag each time. It's worked for me, if the flea
infestation was light.
I even tried the suggestion to put lamps in the floor, and shallow
bowls of water underneath each one. Allegedly, the fleas are attracted
to the light at night, but all end up drowning in the bowls
Apparently our fleas were too smart to fall for that one, or else they
were excellent swimmers.

Sherry

Sherry