Old September 27th 10, 11:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default OT - How Do You Cope?

"CatNipped" wrote in message
When you are really, really ill or hurt, what steps to you take to help?
Do you go the everything has to be quiet, lights darkened, like in the bed
and try to nap. Or do you go the exact opposite - wanting as many
activities around as can distract your mind from you own problems. Which
do you think is better and why do you believe that/

--

I fell and broke my nose. The first thing I wanted to do was hide from the
world. My entire face still hurts and sleeping with an ice pack on your

But I go about my business, cooking, cleaning, doing normal stuff. I washed
my car. I water the plants. Scoop Persia's litter box and make sure she's
taken care of. And she's been a good nurse-cat. I was worried at first
she'd tap me on my broken (ouch!) nose but she hasn't. She just curls up
next to me and doesn't touch my face.

Pamper yourself. Soak in a nice bath. Don't feel the need to do everything
all day long. Try to relax. I'm not saying climb into bed and stay there,
just take a nap now and then.

Jill