Old July 6th 03, 03:40 PM
Sherry

But, what was particularly worrying me was that she cries when she goes to
the bathroom ... and this is strange cause usually it's the constipation
that is more painful and diarrhoea. But this morning I noticed there was
blood in the litter tray! A more solid poo and blood spot. Is this normal?
Is this due to the change of diet? Is she having her period? (She hasn't
been spayed as yet - due in mid August). Please help, cause I'm worried...

She needs to see a vet. Loose stools may be normal from a change of diet,
environment, but I don't think full-blown diarrhea is and certainly not the
appearance of blood. Bloody poop scares the bejeezus out of me because we have
lost *so many* shelter kittens to coccidia.

Sherry