Old August 22nd 04, 04:26 AM
Mary

"Magic Mood JeepĀ©" wrote in message
news:tDTVc.64457$TI1.49443@attbi_s52...
I say they have no recourse unless they can prove ownership. Was the cat
microchipped? do they have any vet bills for *that* cat (our vet has a
brief description of the pet on every bill)? Rabies tag? State or county
license tag (where applicable - some states/counties require them, others

do
not).

If they have none of these, then they have no legal ground to stand on,

and
will get nowhere in a court of law.

I'd say they are more into possessions than pets/companions, otherwise why
did it take 3 days for them to notice the cat was gone? They would be
better off with the type of cat that can be acquired at the local toy

store.

Better question: is there a leash law there?