Old February 21st 04, 10:44 PM
StocksRus®

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
:

"StocksRus®" wrote:

My 2 kids are driving me nuts when 2 strays come to my downstairs
patio and start howling at 2 am. My kids only go outside supervised
and both Bonnie and Squeak are "fixed" so I'm pretty sure it's not
that the strays are wanting....well you know.
Anyway, Squeak, being the brut he is,could probably kick their butts
outta
here, but I'm not stupid enough to take that chance.
This is an area under new development, so it could be the ferals
belong to
someone, but why the hell would they let them out all night? There's
coyoties, fox, and other preditors around.
I don't want to trap and take them to the shelter, but I need to
sleep at
night. BTW, the shelter, only one within 50 miles has a 72 hour
policy.
Why the hell are they picking my patio?? And what can I do?

Get a "sound machine"? Seriously, there are gadgets designed for
masking external noises over which you have no control. They can be
set for various sounds - ocean, rain, frogs, crickets, heartbeats, or
just "white noise". I have one at home because I have extra keen
hearing, and now that I live in an apartment building many of the
normal sounds of other people's daily living disturb me when I'm
trying to sleep (even though my neighbors are not particularly noisy -
it's me, not them). I even have a travel alarm clock with the same
option (which is very handy in strange hotel rooms, with tourists
unmindful of any schedules but their own). If you can't locate the
owner, then rather than trying to trap someone else's cats, why not
try my suggestion - the gadgets are not very expensive, and I've found
them effective. (BTW, there WAS a time when "putting the cat out at
night" was considered the normal thing to do - maybe your midnight
invaders come from a home where that's still the case.)

Ya know what? I have one of those I got in a golf tournament. I'll give
it a shot.
Don't you think if people let their cats out all night, or at all, they
would have a collar? Mine do just in case they take off, someones going
to know they belong to someone. Even had mine "chipped"

--
StocksRus®