Old February 22nd 04, 08:42 AM
jmcquown

Magic Mood JeepĀ© wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
{snippag}
Evelyn, if you didn't get my email, where can I get one of those
travel clocks with a sound machine? I'm used to sleeping with one
and since I'm planning to travel am dreading hotel "sounds"

We got ours from Sharper Image. http://tinyurl.com/zap8 I just
typed in a search for "travel soother" and got 10 pages of results.
The first one listed is the one we have - we even bought the ac
adaptor for it (what's $10 vs. a ton of batteries?)

But the one from Sharper Image shuts off after 60 minutes... I always wake
up when it shuts off (if I accidentally set mine to 'timer') at home. The
gadget I have is just the noise machine, not a clock, and while it's small
it wouldn't pack well in a suitcase.

If all else fails - just use the clock radio (IIRC, most hotels have
them) and set it to a non-existent radio station. The static noise
from that is equal to the 'white noise' that most of the sound
soothers replicate. Unless you want the other sounds - traffic, surf,
crickets, rainshower.... the list goes on!

I like crickets Makes me feel like I'm camping.

Jill