Old April 16th 07, 08:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Cat Protector

Default Canned Food Nutrition Comparison was Fancy Feast - Goods Sales Ploy

My intentions aren't good? Let me see, I love cats, take good care of them
and work hard to keep them healthy and happy. So, how does that make
melicious. You also claim I have never researched food. Have you been there
right there with me when I've read up on a lot of foods? Have you physically
gone to the store with me to research foods? Have you gone with me to the
vet when one of my cats came down with a UTI and it was suggested to try a
different food?

The food I use doesn't have any corn, wheat or soy in it. It doesn't have
any by-products. The meats used are not hormone injected and is the free
range stuff. It also doesn't have any additives, and has cranberries in it
for urinary tract health. Basically it's humane grade which means we could
eat it. For example, here are the ingredients for one of the canned
variety's of the Spa Select. This is what's in the tuna one.

"Tuna, Fish Broth, Chicken, Chicken Liver, Whitefish, Brown Rice, Sweet
Potatoes, Carrots, Eggs, Broccoli, Wild Rice, Cranberries, Blueberries,
Yellow Squash, Dicalcium Phosphate, Lecithin, Potassium Chloride, Sea Salt,
Guar Gum, Carrageenan Gum, Zinc Amino Acid Complex, Iron Amino Acid Complex,
Sodium Selenite, Manganese Amino Acid Complex (source of Chelated
Manganese), Copper Amino Acid Complex, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin A Acetate,
Vitamin D-3, Vitamin E, Vitamin B-12, Riboflavin, Niacin, Calcium
Pantothenate, Choline Chloride, Folic Acid, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride,
Thiamine Mononitriate, Biotin, Taurine."

I'd say it's pretty healthy although I'm sure the naysayers will probably
say it's all crap. At least my cats are getting a brand that works.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

"cybercat" wrote in message
He doesn't have good intentions. He's a malicious idiot who has not even
researched cat food.

Now then, below is the nutrition breakdown for Tender Beef Feast,
a popular FF flavor. Will someone who does not have the maroon
CatProtector killfiled ask the little twit what he thinks is quality food?

BEEF, BEEF BROTH, LIVER, FISH, MEAT BY-PRODUCTS, NATURAL AND
ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, GUAR GUM, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, SALT, TAURINE, VITAMIN
SUPPLEMENTS (E, A, D3, B12), SODIUM NITRITE (TO PROMOTE COLOR RETENTION),
THIAMIN MONONITRATE (VITAMIN B1), FERROUS SULFATE, ZINC SULFATE.

Guaranteed Analysis %:
Moisture (maximum) 78
Crude Protein (minimum) 11
Crude Fat (minimum) 4