Old March 24th 10, 09:52 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Male cat FLUTD UTI problems

"dgk" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:25:38 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 00:41:11 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

"Phil P." wrote in message
news:yrKdnXPVAJzpbzvWnZ2dnUVZ_gOdnZ2d@giganews .com...

"Bill Graham" wrote in message

If only you guys could hear yourselves.......It would be hard to
believe.....How can feeding cat food to a dog hurt the (any) cat?
It's
the
dog eating the wrong food, you nitwits, not the cat.....

I was correcting the statement that "Cat eating the dog food won't
hurt
them
either....", nitwit. And yes, feeding cat food to a dog can hurt the
dog.
Cat food contains more protein and fat which leads to obesity in dogs,
nitwit.

So it comes down to your definition of, "hurt". To me, getting sick from
one
or two exposures is, "hurt". Not being forced to eat the stuff for the
animal's entire life, or over a period of months and months......If
eating
cat food was harmful to dogs, then every dog I have ever known has been
harmed.......I suppose that you must believe they have been, from your
narrow definition of "harmed".

There is a delayed way of eating cat food as well. One of my brother's
dogs used to like to eat the cat poops out of the litterbox. We always
figured that it was crunchy on the outside and smooth on the inside
but weren't willing to personally check it out. I usually think that
cats are so weird but dogs aren't immune.

That was real incentive to keep the litterbox clean.

The TV told me the other day that there was a parasite in cat poop that
can
be harmful to humans. (children, usually) I forget what it's called, but
it
sounded pretty bad to me.......

That's probably referring to Toxoplasmosis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis

I had no idea it was so widespread or debilitating.

The TV show I saw didn't say it was widespread, but they did say it was
debilitating......It was the Animal Planet series on Parasites.