Old March 24th 10, 11:05 PM posted to alt.med.veterinary,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.community,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Male cat FLUTD UTI problems

"jmc" wrote in message
Suddenly, without warning, Bill Graham exclaimed (3/24/2010 5:47 PM):

What I fail to understand is how the hell you (or anyone but a zoo
keeper) can keep a dog from eating the cat food. I had a beagle, and
there was no way I could keep him from eating any damn thing he pleased.
If it was there, he would eat it. Of course, if you don't have to work
for a living, and have nothing better to do but police what your animals
eat, then you could do it, but then, you would effectively be a zoo
keeper. Us adults have to work for a living, and we leave our animals
food while we are at work, and they will eat what they want to eat, and
take it from me.....The beagles will eat the cat food, nitwit.....

Actually, I'm pretty sure most folks that own both dogs and cats manage to
keep the dogs from eating the cat food and the cats from eating the dog
food.

Amazingly, most cat owners can even keep multiple cats from eating each
other's food! OMG how can they possibly manage???

It's really not that hard. I'm sorry it's so hard for you.

jmc
who is feeling snarkier than normal tonight.

You can put the cat food high up where the dogs can't get to it, but keeping
the cats out of the dog food is usually impossible.....fortunately, most
cats can't stand dog food, so there is no problem. My five cats could eat
the raccoon food (dog food I leave out for the raccoons) easily, but they
don't like it. The raccoons do eat the cat food whenever they get the
chance, but the cats won't let them in the house, so there really isn't any
problem there either. For sure, there isn't enough cross feeding to be a
health problem for either species, and the original posts seemed to be
concerned with health problems involved in cross feeding.