Old July 27th 03, 03:09 AM
-L.

(Sherry ) wrote in message ...
| How do you know they are purebred?
|
| If it looks, acts, walks and smells purebred, it's purebred enough to
| have come from purebred parents or parentage. Some come in with
| pedigrees, as well.

Besides that, we know ours are purebred because the pond scum people who
relinquish them are all too happy to provide the papers, and are more than
happy to stand there and say "We paid $500 for her, and we *really* don't want
to give her up, but insert lame excuse. They act like they're giving us some
kind of "gift."

That's what I mean, that they come in with Pedigrees.

BTW, they get adopted real quick. Which *does* displace a
shelter cat--people come in looking for any cat, spot the purebred and want
that one. That's why we turn them over to breed rescues if there is one
available. We had a Korat recently and couldn't locate a breed rescue closeby
for it.

The breeds most likely dumped, IME, are Siamese and Persians. I have
seen a Japanese Bob Tail - that one was a shocker.

-l.