Old December 10th 03, 10:47 PM
Alan Hannas

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 02:39:47 +0000 (UTC), Ablang
wrote:

snip
Is there anyone here who can attest for or against the Siamese cat?

Ablang,

I've had half a dozen Siamese cats over the last 40 years. None of
them has behaved even remotely like the image painted by the Disney
Studios in "Lady and the Tramp". They are very nice cats that love to
be with people. Sit down anywhere in your house and a Siamese will be
up in your lap in moments. They purr incessantly. They don't meow
very well; they make a scratchy sort of noise that some people find
annoying.

They are a muscular breed, surprisingly heavy for their size. Years
ago, the breed was noted for slightly crossed eyes and a kink in their
tail. These conditions apparently have been bred out of the line
several years ago. I would heartily recommend you consider one.

Good luck

Alan

P.S.
At the moment I'm feeling somewhat melancholy about them. We just
took our 13y/o Siamese to the vet today to be put down. She was a
high-strung cat, who'd developed some health problems. In addition
she'd began urinating out of the litter box. When she opted for the
laundry basket on Monday, it was time.