Old November 10th 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc,alt.animals.cat
Ted Davis[_3_]

Default Frontline Combo (Plus) for Cats: I need your help

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 00:08:13 -0800, Antonio wrote:

Hi everybody,
My name is Antonio and I'm writing from Italy. I'd like a hand from
someone of you living in U.S. or G.B. I need a photo or, better, a scan of
the inside of the box of Frontline Combo (or Plus if you live in the U.S.)
Spot-On fleas treatment for Cats (3 or 6 vials pack), where the directions
of use and safety informations are printed.
The purpose is to compare the directions written in English to those
written in Italian, because I suspect that we Italians miss some very
important information about side effects of this product. Will you please
help me? If you will, please, send the image (the bigger, the better) to
the following e-mail address: shy_1965 AT yahoo DOT it
Thanks a lot in advance!

I doubt there is much difference in the safety information, mostly because
the product is remarkably safe for cats and dogs (it's toxic to rabbits
and aquatic animals).

I found some details at
http://pesticideinfo.org/Detail_Product.jsp?REG_NR=06533100004&DIST_NR=0653 31

(ingredients summary
S-Methoprene 11.8 % Toxicity: Slight, Carcinogen: ?, Cholinesterase Inhibitor: No, Developmental or Reproductive Toxin: ?, Endocrine Disruptor: ?, Acute Aquatic Toxicity: ?

Fipronil 9.8 % Toxicity: Moderate, Carcinogen: Possible, Cholinesterase Inhibitor: No, Developmental or Reproductive Toxin: ?, Endocrine Disruptor: Suspected, Acute Aquatic Toxicity: High

The US EPA Acute Hazard Warning Label is "3, Caution" (one step above
the mostly harmless classification ("4, Not Acutely Toxic")).

By the way, the usage instructions differ by country: Australian ticks are
different from American ticks and require different dosage intervals.

--
T.E.D. )