Old January 8th 14, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Nikki and the little bird

"MaryL" wrote in message
I kept hearing a bird chirp last night. I couldn't tell if it was outdoors
or in the attic, so I walked carefully around to try to find the source.
Finally, I realized what it was--Nikki was playing with one of the play n'
squeak toys. It is in the form of a little bird, and the sound is
realistic enough that it took me awhile to realize that it wasn't real. I
have several of these toys that attract the cats, but the others (the frog,
for example) to not sound "real." This little bird is an exception.

MaryL

Funny story! I once had a similar experience with a chirp that I couldn't
pin down. It turned out to be my smoke alarm telling me it needed a new
battery.
Tweed