Old October 1st 04, 09:14 AM
Camilla Cracchiolo

I dunno: I'm going to be conservative and say have a vet look
at it.

I once had a white kitten who developed black "stuff" near his
mouth...it looked like he had been digging in dirt. He died and then
all the other cats in the house got it. My mom (this was when I was a
kid) took the other cats to the vet and he said it was very serious,
gave them something and they were fine. Since I was little I don't
know what it was, but knowing what I do now as a nurse, I think maybe
the black stuff was blood: in ulcers, if the person vomits it's
described as looking like coffee grounds and this stuff did look like
that.

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 01:20:10 -0400, "Angela St.Aubin"
wrote:

I just noticed something strange on one of my cats.
Along the top ridge of her mouth, on the outside, in the fur, but right next
to her "lips" there are dozens of tiny black specs.. they look almost like
blackheads.
Any ideas of what they are, or if anything needs to be done?

Camilla Cracchiolo
Registered Nurse
Los Angeles, California

webpage temporarily down