Old October 2nd 04, 04:22 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
"Angela St.Aubin" wrote:

Thanks for the responses everyone.
Its definitely not fleas, but it may be an allergy to the food/water dishes
(although the other 2 cats don't have it) or acne. It looks just like a
human blackhead, and i bet if i squeezed them, goo would come out, but i am
afraid to hurt her. they don't seem to cause any pain or discomfort of any
sort.
are they dangerous to her health, or do you think they are hurting her?

The other possibility is what happened with a friend's cat. We thought
he had feline acne, but it turns out it was folliculitis or some such.
He gets infected hair follicles a lot. When it got worse my friend
thought her second cat was biting the first cat on the neck but it was
more folliculitis, just much worse. I think the vet gave her cream and
pills for him, but I don't remember all the specifics.

Priscilla