Old December 16th 13, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Ack! Little Boy ran outside

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
m...
Whee!

Little Boy ran out the door when I opened it to see who was knocking at
the door (it was upstairs). Usually, he runs out, then goes around to the
opposite door and lies down to wait on me, so I took my time to get food
for Chollie. I put crunchies out for Chollie, and saw Little Boy prancing
around the courtyard. Well, I was in shorts and a tshirt, so I went after
Little Boy, which resulted in one fulkl round of the building, in 40F
degree weather.

So I went back in, put on jeans (still wearing a tshirt), grabbed a
flashlight, and went looking for Little Boy and hoping nobody called in a
"strange man with a flashlight" report to the police, because I had beer
on my breath.

I walked around the building at least three times, saw Little Boy several
times, and he ran off each time. Finally, I had a great idea - Little Boy
is morally unable to resist an empty lap, so next time I saw him, I turned
off the flashlight, sat down on the (cold, wet) ground, and sweet talked
him until he sat in may lap.

I got up and walked to the door, telling him that running out was bad
behavior the whole way back to the door.

Once inside, he gave me his entire repertoire of "I love you, please
forgive me" moves on the door shelves. This involved a lot of upside-downy
heads, head butts, tummy rubs, love nips and nose kisses (from both of
us), as well as an extended game of toss-and-fetch the bottle cork. He did
most of the tossing, while good slave that I am, I did most of the
fetching.

I told him what a brat he is, and that I love him even when he's a brat...

Is it very dangerous outside for him? What could happen? just want to know
the dangers he faces where you live, to make me glad that Boyfie doesn't.
Is it traffic? Mountain lions, bears? Us Brits know y'all have alligators
and all that in the USA.