Old May 6th 21, 01:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

Default Buffy Update 5/4/2021

On Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 7:10:01 PM UTC-4, wrote:
No real signs of improvement.

Yesterday morning (Monday) she ate all her gooshy food. When I got home
she was hiding and she'd vomited what she'd eaten. Poor girl!

I tried to find her but don't know where she had herself tucked away. A
short while later she came out and meowed at me and I patted her. She
stayed in the hallway and next thing I knew she was hiding again.

At bedtime she was under the living room sofa. I could not coax her out
to join me on my bed. I got up in the middle of the night, fearful of
what I might find. She had moved to a pillow on the sofa but still
didn't join me on the bed. I slept fitfully.

She was still on that pillow when I woke up. I gave her scritches, told
her I love her and proceeded with the morning routine: dish up some
gooshy food, fresh water, scoop the box. She didn't budge. She was
still on that pillow when I left for work. At least she wasn't hiding.

When I got home she wasn't hiding, per se. She was snoozing, curled up
in a ball in her crackle-sack in the living room. I went to change my
clothes and saw she'd eaten half the food I'd given her. I saw no signs
that she'd thrown it up. I sat down at the computer (her crackle sack
is right behind me). She came out and sat on my lap.

Improvement? Over yesterday, absolutely! But she looks downright sad.
Some people don't think a cat can look sad; they're sadly mistaken.
While sitting in my lap she did not purr, even with gentle scritches on
her spine, which usually gets her to crank up the volume. When she got
down off my lap she used her little cardboard scratcher. When the
sounds stopped I turned my head, she wasn't there. But she wasn't
hiding! She was sitting on the pet steps in the dining room, looking
out the window.

This is almost normal behaviour. Except it's obvious she does not feel
well at all. Those brilliant green-blue eyes aren't bright. Right now
she's tucked herself under the folded down bedspread on my bed. (She's
done that before even before she started having health problems.) A
little comfy cave, kind of like the crackle sack. At least she's not
underneath a bed or the sofa.

Still, I think it will take a miracle for her to get better.

I've already made "the" appointment for Friday. I will certainly cancel
it if I see significant improvement. Sadly, I'm not expecting a sudden
rebound.

My boss suggested I leave an hour early today. "Go spend some time with
Buffy."

Jill

Purrs for Buffy, and you!