Old May 7th 21, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Palliative Care

Buffy is still here. Despite the weepy eye the vet said she looks much
better! Just as I thought, Buffy has gained back a little of the weight
she'd lost. The cortisone shot last week greatly reduced the
inflammation in her jaw. She said she honestly doesn't think it's
"time" yet. whew!

She repeated the shots from last week. She asked if I thought I could
give her small pills. Last time I tried that she threw it up. So she
called in a prescription for steroids to a compounding pharmacy for me
to pick up on Monday (the shot today will carry her through until then).
Just a drop to be mixed in with her food to keep the inflammation down
and keep her comfortable.

Oh, and the sneezing? It's because of the inflammation on the upper jaw
being so close to the sinuses.

At any rate, Buffy is home. She's on my lap trying to stop me from typing.

Thank you everyone for all the purrs. They're working!

Jill