Old August 23rd 03, 07:12 PM
MaryL

Default Holly and the laser pointer

Holly absolutely adores the laser pointer. It has been one of the best toys
I found in a long time. As I mentioned on this group earlier, she leaps
into my lap as soon as I reach for the drawer where it is stored.

She runs in circles and twists and turns all around the room in an attempt
to "catch" it. At least, she did -- but she's just too smart!! She has
figured out that the light comes from that object in my hand. Today,
instead of following it around, she stopped when it would move out of her
"reach" and look back at my hand. Then she dashed toward me at incredible
speed and grabbed it. Thank goodness, she didn't use her claws because she
showed tremendous speed and dexterity as she swooped toward it.

Ah, well, that may be the end of that toy. I'll try again in a few days.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly (pictorial history of my blind cat Duffy's
integration into our household):
Duffy, Part I: The Introduction -- http://tinyurl.com/8y54
Duffy, Part II: Life at Home -- http://tinyurl.com/8y56