Old October 7th 11, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Custer learns a valuable lesson

"nik Simpson" wrote in message
Don't mess with wasps or bees. He came in last night with his face all
puffed up and big sting on the top of his nose. It was too late to do
anything, and he didn't seem in any discomfort so I decided to assess in
the morning. Anyway, all's well that ends well, he's fine this morning, no
swelling and the sting has faded.
--
Nik Simpson

Thankful purrs!

Something similar happened to my dog, Sampson (RB) back in 1982. He was
just a puppy and I had let him out in the back yard to do his business. I
heard him yelp, then he ran inside and hid under the bed. His muzzle
swelled up to twice its normal (tiny) size. He'd been stung by something, a
wasp or a bee, I don't know. I couldn't get him out from under the bed. My
car wouldn't start and my good for nothing husband wasn't anywhere around.
I couldn't take him to the emergency vet. I called them; they told me to
give him an antihistamine. Oh, like I keep those in the house. (I was
lucky to have food back then.) I was so relieved when the swelling went
down and he got over it all by himself. It's horrible to feel helpless when
an animal is counting on you to take care of them.

Jill