Old December 4th 03, 04:47 PM
-L.

"Magic Mood JeepĀ©" wrote in message news:WVozb.411790$Fm2.418263@attbi_s04...
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/2678796/detail.html

Dozens Of Dead Cats Removed From Woman's Garage
Animal Shelter Workers Stunned By Neglect Case
POSTED: 10:08 a.m. EST December 3, 2003
RENSSELAER, Ind. -- Officials at Jasper County's animal shelter were
reviewing pet adoption procedures after authorities removed nearly 50 dead
cats from the garage of a woman who offered to help find new homes for
animals.
"We love these animals," shelter employee Karen Adams said Tuesday. "We
thought we were doing a favor by letting them go with her, never dreaming
... we thought we were saving lives."

This is a big wake-up call for anyone who places animals in foster
homes. Do home inspections!

I once worked (at a vet) with a woman who did rescue, and had all
sorts of animals - rabbits, turtles, dogs, cats - supposedly her house
was a *wreck* and the animals weren't as well kept as they shpuld have
been. She was the meanest b!tch I have ever met - smacked cats and was
just abusive. I wouldn't let her take care of an amoeba.

-L.