Old September 15th 03, 05:29 PM
Cat Protector

I know what ignorance means but you seem to want to turn this whole thing
into something about you. Stop painting a picture that isn't there. I guess
none of us can be as perfect as you. Nobody was picking on Pagans here. You
were the who threw that one in and got all mad over something that was not
even there. Are you in need of a spotlight here? I highly doubt people lose
their homes over something like religion. If that were true, I think would
think millions in this country would have been denied housing a long time
ago. There is always a reason things happen but I am not going to cry and
say religion is what caused all of my problems.

You seem to mention the Star of David as being similar or looking similar to
the Pentagram. How is that possible? They look nothing alike. I find it a
bit interesting that you turned something humorous into a sudden campaign
that everyone hates Pagans. were never mentioned in the original post. Of
course one mention of the Pentagram which you say is just a symbol and all
of a sudden you get mad and say the joke must be anti-Pagan. No offense was
intended here. I am not ignorant here but it seems to me you wish to lay
judgment here. Who gave you that right? Isn't laying judgment on another
against the Pagan way? You suggest that I go to Web Sites about Paganism but
maybe it is you that needs to do this. Nobody was spreading myths here.
Nobody wasn't picking on Pagans here. You decided to make a mountain out of
a non-existant mole hill here.

I could go round and round about this with you but apparently you are just
going to keep turning this into something about you and that the rest of us
are stupid and ignorant. I am not as perfect as you so I will have to live
with that fact. I am so sorry I disappointed you with having a sense of
humor. I guess I will just be serious all the time and try never to say or
use the word Pentagram in any sentance or conversation again. Also if you
wish, we can also remove the word from the dictionary, encyclopedia and all
other books. This way nobody can ever use it in a joke again. Yes, this was
sarcasm and no it was not intended to pick on or offend Pagans, Wiccans or
any other religion. I have apologized in one of my previous posts if any
Pagans were offended but it apparently escaped Agua Girl who now has the
right to judge other people and beat the hell out of this thread. She has
shown us the way that humor has no place anywhere and for that we can either
thank her or not. Into the killfile she goes and once again we can get back
on the track about cats.

"Agua Girl" wrote in message

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. There is nothing wrong with
being ignorant..we can't all know everything. The problem is with
allowing ignorance to continue.
I don't have a cross to bear....but you do. (btw..you missed the
point of that completely)
You seem to think that continuing to spread ignorance through
what you see as harmless jokes should be fine. I offered you the
chance to right a wrong..to stop spreading myths and you got
offended. I suggested you get informed..and you got indignant.
Go to a website on paganism and look at their pentacle or
pentagram than go to a devil worship site and look at theirs.
They aren't the same. The reason I brought up the star of David
is because it also looks similar..but it isn't. You don't want to accept
the truth of your ignorance or lack of knowledge and that shows
more than ignorance....
I thought at first no harm was intended...and my response was to let you
know
that religious persecution does indeed exist. People really do lose their
jobs
and their apartments for NO REASON other than their religious leanings.
That spreading myths does indeed harm no matter what the intent.
When someone says "ow, your standing on my foot"..the proper response
is to apologize and back up. Not explain how you didn't mean to...blame
the person for lacking hard feet and then go on complaining about how
everyone has big feet. (that was a metaphor for stepping on my religion

in
case you didn't get it).
Whatever. You obviously don't care to correct your lack of knowledge
or even accept that your "jokes" are spreading a myth that to this day
is harmful. I shudder to think what else you find funny. To that end...
I am done. You can't inform those that bask in their ignorance and wear
stupidity like a cloak.

plonk
AG