Old March 19th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Seven baby kittens!

Pat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote

You've got a happy
indoor bunch and that's the way it should stay now that you're in
town. You
don't need to cat-proof the yard. The other six are proof they are
happy enough to be indoors and away from your (now) street.

Jill, can you imagine, if you had seven indoor cats, how much you
would have to spend on cat litter every week? It's beyond amazing how
much litter this bunch goes through, and my budget is strained enough
as it is. As soon as I can manage it, they are going to have an
oversized sandbox out in a corner of the yard, safely contained
within an electrified fence. And they will be able to eat grass and
puke it back up - outdoors - to their hearts' content, and be much
healthier than if they were forced to stay inside continuously.

Okay, I concede litter and litterboxes would be unmanageable. But I still
don't like outdoor kitties where there are streets and dogs and mean people.
And Persia will remain an only cat. I do bless you for taking on such a
crew.

Jill