Old March 22nd 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default UPDATE I'm a bit worried, too (OT)

Christina Websell wrote:

I did consider that but I don't really want to bother my consultant. I made
a personal visit to my GP's surgery today to make an appointment. The
earliest I could get one was Monday 3 March so I booked it. If I'd wanted
to see a particular GP, it would have been longer, I said I wasn't bothered
who I saw, so I got my appointment with the least popular doctor in the
practice, Dr N.

The reason he is unpopular is because his English is very poor, it's very
difficult to understand what he says. I've heard lots of patients say that
they don't want to see him as they come out of the consultation no wiser
than when they went in.
I have a soft spot for him. It was he who admitted me immediately to
hospital with bad abdominal pain and therefore effectively saved my life
last year.
A few years ago, a dog fight erupted here, so severe that I had to prise
open some jaws to make them let go. I got bitten on the hands in the
fracas. I popped down the the surgery and saw Dr N. I explained what had
happened very carefully as I didn't want him to think my dogs had actually
*bitten* me.
He listened, then leaned forward in a very confidential manner and whispered
"Why were you fighting with a dog?" !!

Tweed

Dr N sounds like a great doctor and I am glad you are going to see him.
If he helped you to be admitted to the hospital, I'm sure he is going to
help you now.
Lots and lots of purrs and gentle calming hugs,
Polonca and Soncek