Old October 27th 07, 07:55 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Upscale

Default Is there such a thing as "cat whistle"?

"RPSinha" wrote in message
: Yes. Mine it tunable.....It only sounds like an air rush to me, but my

cat
: comes a runnin' from way up the block when I blow it.

Thanks. I get the idea. I'll look for a "dog" whistle that produces as
little human-audible sound as possible. A few hundred yards is plenty
of range.

Yes, my dog whistle is tuneable too by screwing or unscrewing the mouthpiece
into the body. I did notice when watching my cat that certain settings had
more of an effect on her than others, so I'd guess that certain frequencies
of sound would work better than others when trying to train your cat to come
when a whistle is blown.