Old May 9th 14, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
buglady[_2_]

Default Is there such a thing as "cat whistle"?

On 5/9/2014 9:49 AM, dgk wrote:
On Wed, 7 May 2014 06:37:15 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

My cats know that when I clap my hands it's time to come in. Usually
they do so. But I'm not aware of anything like a dog whistle for cats.

.............Clicker?? Cats can be clicker trained. Some of mine come
when called. When they first come in the house, every time I put food
in front of them I say their name over and over, for months. Soon they
know their name at least. Now, whether or not they're in the mood to
respond, well, that's another matter! I have one I have to round up to
come in for the night. He may take 15 minutes to get to me, but always
comes in the end. Then he has to run out in the street and roll around
for me to pick him up.

buglady
take out the dog before replying