Old October 8th 03, 08:32 PM
Liz

I guess I will break these up a bit. Yes the word is nonsense. Who do
you think pioneered adding high levels of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids to
diets? in *1962* - Hill's. But you're right that was only 41 years
ago, not 50. There isn't a diet out there with more N3,6's than
products made by Hill's.

What is the percentage of omega 3 and omega 6 in Science Diet Adult
Maintenance?

What you fail to recognize, primarily becauaue you have followed down
the path of totally UNPROVEN carbophobia is that once the state of
metabolic acidosis is reached, it doesn't mater what the level of
carbs are - not one bit. It doesn't matter for treating weight loss or
for diabetes.

Who said anything about metabolic acidosis? I´m talking about the
Atkin´s diet. How did you go from the Atkin´s diet to metabolic
acidosis?

That's always the fall back isn't it. Play Chicken little and claim
the sky *might* be falling. I would suggest that you need to look at a
number of possible nutrients that are ONLY available when cooked. Be
sure to tell me how you are planning for these unknown nutrients that
are ONLY available in cooked foods.

Oh dear, someone really needs to be a genious to figure this one out.
For how long have cats (or humans) existed? And for how long have we
been cooking our food? For how long have cats been cooking their food?
If any essential nutrient were only available after cooking, we
wouldn´t be here, don´t you think?

Oh goodness. Now this is wild bs. Please state one. And let me remind
you that cellulose or starch are *not* necessary at all in a cat´s
diet.

Can you spell lycopene? trypsin in native states? and of course the
dreaded and evil carbohydrates, despite the myths and unsubstantiated
hypothesis of the carbophobics.

Lycopene. Red pigment only present in certain plants. Cats do not eat
plants. Should we assume lycopene is essential to cats? Does cooking
actually affect lycopene or does it rupture the cell wall of plants
making its contents available to us or cats, both uncapable of
breaking through the cell wall of plants? And a correction: lycopene
is more available in cooked plants than raw plants, it´s not *only*
available in cooked plants.

Trypsin is an enzyme and all enzymes are proteins. Proteins are
denatured by heat and the more denatured they are, the harder they
become to digest until they become completely undigestible. Please
give me the source of your information as I will *definitively* check
this one.