Old December 28th 03, 01:24 AM
Cheryl

MaryL wrote in on 27 Dec 2003:

I have never used chlortrimeton for cats, but at one time I used it
for myself. I discontinued it because it made me very drowsy, and I
also frequently had very dry mouth while I was using it (both side
effects that are described in your note) and extremely dry nasal
passages. I didn't have any other problems. Bitterness was not a
problem because it was in pill form.

I used to use it myself for allergies and remember the same side effect you
describe. I have "outgrown" my own allergies from my childhood and wonder
if Shamrock can, also. I am watching him right now pulling his fur out.
It is always in the same places so the description of mast cell tumors
certainly seems to fit. I think it is time for something drastic because he
can't live like this.

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller