Old April 11th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Cat hair

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 02:53:10 -0500, Pat wrote:

There's always a lot more fur in the brush than I expect to see out of
Tommy, and far less from Baby Eyes. Abelard's is so short and thin that
he
hardly sheds and only gets a few hairballs a year.

Harri is our shedding "mystery cat". She has short hair, and brushing her
produces almost no loose fur. However, let her ride in the car with you,
and within 5 minutes you're peering through an orange haze of floating
fur. Harri-fur starts collecting in your nostrils and coating your lips
and tongue. Every semi-horizontal surface in the car or truck wears a
coating of pretty orange fuzz. The first time Harri climbs onto your chest
for a snuggle, your clothes will appear to be orange.

But when you brush her again, you won't get any orange kitty fur in the
brush.

I swear, she has developed the ability to eject fur at will.

That's very interesting. Whippets shed hardly at all except if they are in
the car for a long time for example going to a show. Then there is a snow
of hair and dandruff - which they didn't have before - it's apparently
caused by stress so say experts, I read about it somewhere, not on the net,
in a UK weekly dog newspaper. There are two. Our Dogs and Dog World.
These are mainly for breeders/exhibitors but there is a lot to learn for
anyone who has dogs there. I've never looked to see if they are on the net.

Tweed