Old February 13th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Default OMG,What else can go wrong?

Sheelagh, what a lot to go through.

I know you'll take good care of everyone. Our kittens also got a
respiratory infection when young, although they were weaned. Maybe it
will help that yours are still nursing because they'll still be getting
an immune system boost from mom.

It is scary but I know you'll stay on top of it. Let us know how they're
doing.

Rhonda

sheelagh wrote:
Lilly the birman is feeling somewhat better, but unfortunately she
came home with a dose of the flu. Even though every single one of our
cats is inoculated against cat flu, they seem to be dropping like
flies(

Lilly is on antibiotics, & I have an appointment to take Belle, the
mother of our 4 tiny kittens to see our new practice this afternoon
@5.40 GMT.
One of the kittens is coughing, but we are at our Witt's and as to how
to isolate a kitten that is so young (1week and 4days old!!).
Mother only seems to be sneezing presently, & we have had her isolated
from the other cats since the day Lilly got home, just in case this
might happen.
Biffy the big fat blue Birman seems to be affected the worst, & he is
also isolated too, but it looks rather like he might have already
passed it on to Tazzy, our seal point Ragdoll, who's pen is along side
biffy's.
I am taking both Belle, the mother of kittens & her baby's later, as
well as Biffy & also Taz as well;thankfully so far Tiggy is unaffected
and also in isolation. Ringo shows no sign of it at all, & neither
does Lucy(fur!), but we are running out of places to isolate them all.
More news update later...
S.