Old October 27th 04, 06:08 PM
Sherry

I again, for about what? the 6th time or so, walked past the snake,
who was getting more ****ed by the minute, because I wasn't even going
to shoot towards the neighbors house, even possibly hitting 'Ead if he
came around the corner of the house, So, with my left hand, I
squirted at Big'Ead, to keep him over by the garage door, and with the
pistol in my right, reluctantly, and nervously shot the snake. (I've
never shot a critter in my life, nor would I normally) The first
shot found it's target, but it didn't instantly kill the snake, so I
shot it again. Then had a neighbor come over and put it into the bed
of the truck.

I feel just terrible about all of this. It's certainly not the snakes
fault that it was born a venomous snake, but I could NOT go to work,
leaving Big'Ead there interested in it. I hope I did the right thing,
because I sure feel crappy.(

-bonbon

Yeah, you did the right thing. I know what you mean though, I hate to have to
kill any living creature. Very lucky that B'Ead didn't get bitten. Or you.
Also very scary that the snake ended up at your house....I naively thought they
stayed around water.
DH's sister was trudging through a pile of leaves couple weeks ago and stepped
on a copperhead, which was the same color of the leaves, she didn't see it. She
recovered okay, but was awfully sick for a while. Poisonous snakes are nothing
to take chances with.

Sherry

Sherry