Old September 1st 05, 03:14 AM
Spot

I had a cat who as a kitten had a severe eye & ear infection when I found
him. It left his one eye undeveloped and it eventually ruptured. If it
shrivels up and the eye closes ok he should be ok. The issue will be
keeping it moist if it doesn't shrivel and close to avoid infection. In my
cats case the eye looked ok for quite a while but was all milky white and
smaller than normal. I daily put in eye ointment to keep it moist but
eventually it ruptured and the vet removed it and stitched the lid shut.

I personally would have the eye removed and have the lid stitched shut
rather than mess with it hoping it didn't become infected and waiting for it
to maybe close up. It's a little bit of discomfort at first but then it's
over and done with and the cat recovers just fine.

Celeste

"happilycrabby" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi All. I am new to this group. I was refferred here by another member.
Heres my problem: On Tues 8-30 my cat received a blunt trauma to his
eyeball.The vet said he would probably lose his eye.HE also said that
the eye itself would probably shrivel up and then his eyelid would stay
closed on its own.Also said it looked like his lens was coming out...
Fluid is leaking out. ...He is on antibiotics and pain med. I am
wondering if anyone out there has been through this. Any advice would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks Terri