Old December 13th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default possible kitty seizures?

wrote
Sounds like we all have the same thing going on - at least the way it
manifests itself.

One hour after the spell, Gus who even though was scared ****less by
being at a vet, had a normal heart rate and according to the vet a
normal *sounding* heart. He spent a lot of time moving the stethoscope
around and listening to his heart. All the blood tests came back ok
except for a pre-existing higher than normal ALT.

Boo also has a normal sounding heart and a normal looking heart,
according to the ultrasound. And, though she was fat, she showed
no signs of heart disease. With abnormal heart rhythms, it appears
that the cat has to be having the episode for the vet to hear it. In
other words, though her heart rate was 300bpm before being
treated with Tapazole, it had never sounded irregular. She began
having the fits after the hyperT was corrected. And to this day,
nobody has ever heard an abnormal heart rate in this cat. (I
bought a stethoscope, to make sure her hr stays at about 160-180.
I have to be QUICK though because this cat begins to purr when
you touch her!) However--it has to be arrythmia/fibrillation, because
once on the propanolol, she has never had another episode.

I'll run what you said by my vet but I'll imagine he'll fall back on
his observation that the heart seemed normal.

Well, if Gus keeps having fits, you might press your vet into letting
you try it. Those fits terrify me. And, just like your Gus, Boo is
perfectly normal after.

Do you remember if she crawled her circles in the direction of the
listing side or away? My vet thought was important to know.

She crawled in the direction of the listing side. Did he say why this is
important?