Old December 13th 06, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default possible kitty seizures?

wrote in message
"cybercat" wrote:

What was her heart rate when she had the Seizure? Gus was 170.

It was about 180 just after. She had her last one when she was
waiting to be fed, so she was excited, lol. (She SINGS to me while
I open the can. Next thing I know, she is not responding to her name
and circling slowly, little tiny steps, listing to one side. Now that I
really think about it, I am just not sure which side she crawled
towards.

Well, if Gus keeps having fits, you might press your vet into letting
you try it. Those fits terrify me. And, just like your Gus, Boo is
perfectly normal after.

So far only one that I have observed but if another one happens I'll
definitely look into the arrhythmia/fibrillation problem.

Maybe you are right and my vet is wrong, and what Boo had was
a little seizure. (She has had four total that we have seen.) Lynne
said that propanolol acts as an anti-seizure medicine, too. All I
know is that is stops the fits.

She crawled in the direction of the listing side. Did he say why this is
important?

Would you believe even though I was very curious about that, I let him
finish without interrupting him and then he left the room to take the
blood samples. Kicked myself for forgetting and forgot again when he
called in the morning to fax the blood test results.

I do stuff like that all the time. Maybe next time you can ask him, or we
can find somethign online.

BTW, Gus went the opposite direction which looked really weird from a
balance perspective. It looked like he was really fighting it.

Poor boy. I really thought Boo was a goner, it just looks like something
major is wrong. But she has never seemed healthier than now, having
been on Tapazole and propanolol for a year and having lost about 9
pounds, too!

Good luck with Gus. Please share whatever you find out and I will too.
Thanks.