Old June 6th 10, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cshenk

Default Laxatone

"cybercat" wrote
"cshenk" wrote
It's worth a try at least! Here's some of the other fats I've found
useful (some cats liked one more than others)

- Butter, usually melted and the solids left out (ghee, clarified
butter). Has a mild laxitive effect on some kitties but more gentle than
the laxitone etc sorts.
- Pork fat (all types but watch the salt with bacon/sausge sorts)
- Beef fat
- Duck and Chicken fat
- Rapeseed oil (cannola)

Ones not highly suggested but some cats tolerate them well. These may
cause allergic responses in *some* pets. Do not use if the pet is
allergic prone.

- Corn oil
- palm oil
- soy based oils

What if they don't tolerate them well?

Do yopu mean the bottom list? I don't suggest them at all (could have
worded it better above). Mostly a warning to not use them as they can cause
allergic issues (even developed ones if not originally so). I figured it
made sense to list common ones that might be in a kitchen that probably
arent good to use as well as ones that are.