Old December 15th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default ARCHER!!!!

On 15 Dec, 07:01, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote:

OMG! I can only imagine that sound of that crash!! It always amazes me how
our fur babies can escape w/out a scratch on them, and a look on their faces
as if they were no where near said crash!!

Redunzel is always falling off things when she was a kitten she had
this habit of climbing on top of the bookcase in the bedroom (still a
favourite for both of them, Sarsi's asleep up there now) and when she
saw a Hoomin she would roll about, yowling to demand skritchies and
many's the time, she would be so determined to reach the Hoomin hand
(it goes without saying this is a tall bookcase and standing on tiptoe
I could just reach her chin) she would roll over and straight off. She
once dragged an old pillow to the base of the bookcase and we thought
"how cute, she's making herself a little bed" but after a week or so
we concluded she'd done it so she would have a soft landing

Well recently we had cupboards fitted in the kitchen and of course,
being a high place (and near the window so she could get some Sun as
well- how nice of us to have fitted this extra amenity for her!) it is
instantly attractive to a cat whose favourite vantage point in the
living room is the top of the door! (through thankfully she hasn't
tried sleeping on it!)

So now we have an added danger in the kitchen- never mind sharp
knives, boilinhg water etc. We have a dive bombing cat! Worse of all,
if she's in the corner of one of the cupboard tops, she can't be seen
so there I am making a cup of coffee and THUMP!!!! Redunzel plummets
past me! Or on one occasion landed on my head!

We just have to hope she gets bored of it and wear crash helmets in
the kitchen until she does

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs